Friday, 24 March 2017

Gridiron Gaze - Week 1 Round Up

Phillipe Flabbybun: The sound of fanfare, the squeeze of a packed crowd, the palpable feeling of excitement in the air, the selling of mooty shirts and questionable street foods, the coordinated chanting of crowds, the more violent than usual bar brawls, the arrival of strange and mythical creatures from around the realm; it can only mean one thing Arni - Blood Bowl is back in the Middenland!

Arnild Swoonzenorger: My name is Arnild, you tiny, bloated buffon! The sight of this many fat, debaucherous oafs makes the blood in my veins boil! I will rip of their arms and beat them to death with the bloody stumps!

Phillipe: Oh Arni, I forgot how enthusiastic you Norse chaps were! Arni and I will be your chaperones for the re-launch of the long dormant Middenland Open Division League, or M.A.D. for short! As the teams begin to arrive, supporters pack the stands and line the queues of stadiums from Marienburg to Middenheim just to catch a glimpse of their favourite players!

Arnild: Why are there so many filthy greenskins?! I spit on Orcs! I will chop them up, brew a stew with the pieces and force feed it to their families!

Phillipe: Well noted Arni. The two divisions, North and South, both boast a number of Greenskin teams this year, likely a result of the recent Waaagh launched from The Black Pit by Warlord Groundtree, and their fans are beginning to seep like ripe sewage into the local towns and villages. Don't let that distract you from the healthy mix of teams the Open has attracted though; a number of Skaven teams have emerged from the stadium sewers to interrupt the Human's ball practise, we have a few exotic and cold blooded teams from Loren and Lustria, a couple of Dwarven clans have made the descent from their Karak strongholds and the Open has even managed to lure some ball stars of old from beyond the grave!

The wizard colleges have been setting up their Cabalvision streams all across the realm, and will be showing all the first games tonight as they happen;

Bar'Dhum Breakers vs Tails Of The River Bank
London Warps vs Dragons Unleashed
Midgard Marvels vs Nighthawks
I've Got A Woodie vs Wakky Whiddetz
The Undercity Speedsters vs Waaghshinton Greenskins

I'm also happy, and obliged, to remind you all to get geared up with our sponsor, Cheap Shot Sports; the gear guaranteed to keep you dirty!

Arni and I are off to grab elevensies and get prepped for the games, any final thoughts big man?

Arnild: I will rain pain down on your stupid grin, you squat, fat chunk of Ulfwerenar dung!

Phillipe: I hope it doesn't rain either Arni, but the forecast looks clear enough. See you t'night ball fans!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to it! Lets hope I can get at least 1 player to level up.

    ReplyDelete